Friday, February 26, 2010

Big Day = Tired Little Man

Yesterday Alex and I had a big day of activities. We woke up early (what's new) enough to get ready to meet our Mom & Baby group for lunch at Tavern On France. This was a new experience for our group because our group dates usually just consist of meeting at the hospital for an hour and a half, in a dim room, with soft music playing. Luckily most of our babies didn't seem to mind the loud music and commotion of the restaurant and therefore our first little group date was a success! After lunch Alex and I headed to our last Mom & Baby Class at the hospital. A little bittersweet in that we made it through our 6 week of class (little bit of a struggle at times), but also it was our last class. We had so much fun being a part of this group. I would definitely recommend it to any new mom. It's nice to have such a great support group as well as a reason to get out of the house!Our little munchkins: Alex, Natalie, Jack, Finn, Max, Isaiah, Oliver & Sam. Yep, lucky girl that Natalie! :o)

New Friends: Kim & Isaiah, Lisa & Finn, Karen & Max, Christa & Jack, Renee & Oliver, Me & Alex, Elizabeth & Sam, Margaux & Natalie.

So, after we took some end of class pictures, Alex and I decided to head upstairs to the 4th floor where I work. I had meant to stop up there weeks ago, but never had quite made it up there usually due to a mr. crabby pants or a very tired mommy. This time we made it up there to see all my coworkers. It was so great to see them all and I can say that I was surprised how much I missed them and my job. I love my job and feel so fortunate to be able to do what I do for a career. The Family Care Center at FSH truly is a great place to have a baby and to work. Okay, before I get too mushy, I'll continue on with our day's events. Well, once on the 4th floor Alex was alert, sweet and even smiled at Emily, a co-worker of mine. That quickly and without warning changed to ear peircing screams almost instantly thereafter. Long story short we managed to settle him down, but not before a quick diaper change and feeding. I meant to stop down on the 2nd floor to see all my great L & D co-workers, but Alex had just fallin asleep. I quickly took the opportunity to head home. Now usually my little man sleeps very well in his car seat, but lately if I have to stop the car at a light or even slow down, he starts to wail. This is what happened at our first stop on the way home. This would have made me pull over, but somehow I have gotten good at reaching back, while driving, to give him his pacifier. Not very safe I'm sure, but like I said, I've gotten good at it. Once we got home I fed him and then it was back on the road again to see daddy play basketball in Fridley. I think he was so tuckered out from all the commotion of the day that he slept the entire way there, through Brent's game, and halfway home...waking only because I had hit a stoplight. :o) All in all it was a good day, but needless to say, he and haven't done much today. Happy lazy Friday & yay for the weekend! Love, Joni

1 comment:

Renee said...

Hey Joni, it was fun to read your blog!! :)