Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cherish The Time

Well, our little man is 7 weeks today. Hard to believe and boy does time fly! Speaking of flying...Alex has acquired many nicknames already, one being 'Goose'. I can't recall other babies 'honking' like Alex does, but when he does we can't help but laugh. I swear he honked on his way out of the womb! :o) Ha ha. Well, another nickname that I for some reason end up calling him is 'Bubba', which is not daddy's favorite. We're hoping it doesn't stick with him for life, but it just seems to always roll off my tongue so nicely! :o) Our little guy is growing so much, but you can't especially tell by just looking at him. We haven't gotten an official weight on him, but we estimate him to be 9.5-10lbs now. I like to think that's pretty good considering he was 7lbs 10oz at birth. How we can really tell he's truly growing is by some of his recent milestones: He's now focusing on our faces, tracking us with his eyes, holding his head up steadily and for long periods of time, smiling, talking, sucking on his hands, and outgrowing his newborn clothes! :o) It's kind of sad to find yourself packing clothes away that don't fit anymore! I know he's only 7 weeks old, but I'm already missing his 'newborn' phase...which is weird because almost every day I think to myself how great it's going to be when he can for example, sit up on his own or eat solids foods. Being on maternity leave has really made me remind myself of how very lucky I am to have this time with him and to cherish every moment with him for time goes by way too fast. Before we had Alex I was so excited to be on maternity leave because I had all these plans to do so many things, but in reality, my days go by in a second and even now, here I sit writing while my 7 week (AH ALREADY, still can't believe it!) old pumpkin is asleep in his crib. I know I should be using this alone time to do those 'many things' I wished to do, but for now I am content to sit...relax...and wait for that cry, that sweet cry. :o) I know it won't be long till our little Alex will need his mommy. :o) Makes mom happy. Have a good day you all! It's a great day! Love, Joni



2 comments:

Joy said...

Joni he is so handsome! Our little guy's nickname is 'little buddy' and even his 4 yr old sister calls him that...it's cute. For Christmas he got a shirt that says' Daddy's Little Buddy and he loves to wear it. Time does fly by faster with having kids that is for sure. Enjoy each day you have with him now...for it'll be hard to go back to work. And the moments, just when you think, this is your favorite moment or stage in his life...the next is even better. Although I do miss the 1st month newborn the most. I'd have many more babies, if they'd only stay that small and keep their newborn smell. Take care and best of luck.

Joy

Gina happy mom of 4 said...

Joni, so fun to read your blog! You are such a good Mom! Little Alex is beautiful! I am so happy for you! Love, Gina